It is 10 meters wide and with its length of 100 meters it is without a doubt Denmark's longest burial ground. 145 enormous stones encircles the barrow. Inside the barrow there is three chambers, whereof only the one to the west has a coverstone.
"Grønsalen" also called "Grønjægers Høj" or "Faneshøj" is situated near Hårbølle, south of Fanefjord Church.
Behind the name "Grønjægers Høj" we will find the legend of the hunter and king: Grøn Jæger. He ruled this part of the island as Klintekongen (King of the Cliff) ruled over the higher parts of Møn. It is believe that this long barrow is his and his wife queen Fanes burial ground. Queen Fane also lent her name to Fanefjorden.
The long barrow was examined in 1810 by bishop Münter and was protected by law after that. Even though it had been protected by law it was on the verge of being destroyed, there were made attempts of "buying" the graves so that the farmers would let them be, but some farmers was not keen on putting anything into writing and only made oral promisses that could be broken very easy.